Holistic Services Agency
Professional Registration Of Practitioners
Advantages of HSA Registration
- Practicing Under an Official Occupational Description
- Advice in the Proper Practice of an Alternative Medicine Practitioner
- The Ability to Purchase Professional Remedies
- The Ability to List with Professional Organizations
The Agency acts as a regulating body within the natural health care profession in respect to scope of practice and proper and legal practice.
The Holistic Services Agency is duly registered under the District of Columbia’s Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs and lists and registers practitioners.
Each practitioner seeking registration must fill out an application form, request an interview and take an exam proctored by one of the agency supervisory staff. Upon approval the practitioner is eligible for registration.
If a practitioner is certified by the Washington Institute of Natural Medicine or the American Naturopathic and Holistic Association and exam may not be necessary.
The following natural health professions can be registered with the Agency:
Steps In Registration
- Submit an application, a current scope of practice, and pay a 50% deposit of the initial fee.
- Set up a dated for an interview and professional exam.
- Attend interview and exam. Pay balance of initial fee. Initial Fee: $175.00
The initial fee covers the interview, exam, and the first years registration.
Second year and subsequent years annual registration fee: $95.00
For further details call (202) 686-8202 and ask for Dr. Victoria Goldsten. She will instruct you as to what you will need to provide.